Monday, August 4, 2008

HOLD PLEASE!

"Hold Please" means SOOOOO many things to me right now. It's what experienced on the phones. It's what I want big daddy to do when I see him. But in this particular case, it's the status of the wedding. We're on hold. Not cancelled. Just postponed, on hold.

I don't even know where to start, really. There has been an obscene amount of craziness happening since finding each other. Under normal circumstances things would be tolerable.
For whatever reason, this summer, the oddest, most complicated situations have gang jumped us.
To be quite honest, I've fallen apart a time or two. Thank goodness I'm immediately surrounded by an amazing support group, and some crazy guy in Michigan who allows me to have my moments and is still standing there for me when the smoke clears. I really should be nicer to the guy, I owe him big time on some stuff. ;)
Anyway, 'Donis is very wise. I know it wasn't really easy for him to approach me about postponing. In my state of mind I could either flip out... or I could flip out. Seriously, even if it IS a good idea, who wants to say to their fiance or even hear them say... "maybe we shouldn't do this right now.."
In our case it needed to be done. I didn't want to do it because I didn't want to disappoint him or give him the idea that I didn't want to be his wife. I'm pretty sure he was thinking along those lines in my case as well. I love the fact that we were on the same page. He wanted to alleviate my immediate stress and anxiety. The other things that were going on I had no control over them happening. We did have control over the wedding though so it made since to adjust it. We need time for the situations around us to settle down and stabilize. And we need time to just marinate in stank of togetherness.

Before things were such that we were pressed for time. Our employment situations didn't really allow us to take time off work w/o putting our employment status in danger. I think one of the blessings in disguise on my end is now I have some time to do that. I'll be flying out to Michigan for 2-3 weeks to spend time with Adonis and his family. ( Oh, and my family too.) In some ways I forget I'm going home, the place where I was born and raised. It's cool that when I think of home, I think of Adonis first. Neato~!
Sooooooo, that's sort of what's going on. I'm proud of how we're handling things, it's not been easy. I'm amazed at our willingness to figure things out and our desire to try and accommodate when things are miscommunicated. I'll step up and say most of this was my fault. I've been impatient, confused, and a little bit crazy.
If there were more of my fiance I could sell him and be rich!
Actually I guess we could make more of him.... but that's a different blog for a different time... So maybe we'll discuss THAT after the honeymoon? ;)

No comments: