Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wedding Planning Frustration



I guess it's typical protocol for the groom to dwell in the background and say "whatever you want, babe."
I'm pretty much the unconventional bride. My brothers were very much involved in the planning and executing of their weddings, I could just be a Dudley thing. I really value Adonis' and his families input. It's very much his day as well as mine. I don't have my mother or mother-in-law here in Utah for input or suggestions or council and to help take some of the pressure and repsonsiblity off my hands. My sister and daughter are here, however. It feels as if everyone else is able to just live their lives as per usual. I can only impose so much on them and the friends I have, who will basically kick in the day OF the wedding. It would be different, I guess, if I were some twenty year old whose parents were footing the bill. I put all of my $$ and energy into College for my daughter so this is a "Pay as you go wedding" with the planning of the honeymoon to this as well.
I've been trying not to use any of my paid time off from work so I can have a decent honeymoon. so that leaves me a couple hours on weekdays and trying to set up appointments with caterers and florist and photographers on the weekends. Not to mention trying to get the invitations sent out the courtesy 2 months before hand. If I want the printing place to address the envelops, they need everything sent befor the end of this week. I can have them do just the invitations and then I stuff and address them all. Not to thrilled about that. That buys me an extra week on having to have the address list immediately.

In the last week a situation has occured that's basically forced me to put all the planning on hold. Im hoping not to have to postpone or push the wedding back. I'll know for sure by the end of this week.
I think grooms have it easy. Just show up, kiss the girl and take her away like some Sports V.I.P and his trophy.

We're no closer to figuring out logistics. Who gives up the life they've build for the other? Who leaves their child/family behind? Who gives up their career/job to start all over again in a new location?
Do we get married and then figure it out, or figure it out and then get married?
These things are on my mind EVERY day. I can't pawn them off, forget about them or pretend the situation doesn't exist. I'm not sure what to do to begin to solve it. Each day is one more day closer to an unresolved situations leading up to onw of the most important events in my life that may have to be put on hold or postponed. Right now I feel as if I'm drowning.

Don't get me wrong I'm EXCITED to marry Adonis. I'm willing to do what is needed and go where needed for us to be successful as a couple and a family. Some things have just been hitting us from what feels like all sides at once. We will work through them.


The good news is I haven't hit bridezilla status. I don't think I've the energy for it. lol

No comments: