Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Logistics II

"It would be easy if you were homeless and w/o a job, then I'd just come get you!"



He made me laugh when he said that! But then I got bitter about the times when when I had sucky jobs and was almost homeless.



I think the main things, well at least fo me are stability & family. I have family in both places. I'm most concerned about the stability of employment and all that comes with it: health insurance, retirement and such.

I want us to be where we will both be most successful as a couple. Because the more successful we both are, the better position we'll be in to take care of ourselves and any immediate family when/if the need arises. If we're struggling and barely getting by, then we become an added burdon to the families.



When I say successful I don't necessarily mean making lots of money. Success if measured in many things.



We Mormon's have a saying that rings most true for me:

No amount of success [in the world]can compensate for failure in the home.



I've seen "successful" business people ride to the top in their company as their families fall apart in the home. I've seen poor and strugglings families as some of the happiest and most joyful I've ever experienced however I've also seen them become burdons to those around them. I think we're looking for a balance.



I believe we both realize our first responsibility is to each other and our kids.



Genesis 2:18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him.

( guess that's me!)



Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleve unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.











I know some of you... ok one of you (cough-jay-coughcough) mentioned to me about "submitting" to and obeying my husband.

Let me just say THIS about that:



Colossians 3:18-19 reads, "Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them."





Ephesians 5:22-29 (excerpts) says, "Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church...(25), Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her... husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies..."



"Headship" means that God has called the man to lead his home—and will therefore hold him personally responsible for what goes on in his home. The emphasis is on responsibility and accountability, not on authority and power.”

I too will be accountable for my partnering abilities. Submit means more of a willingness. And Im pretty sure Adonis knows me well enough to know I can tell unrighteous dominion when I see it. And I know him well enough to know he's not the unrighteous dominion type.

There are times when a wife cannot submit when it means relinquishing God's standards . Which is not the case here.

I'm just makin sure Y'all know, that I know that WE don't have it twisted.

I'm certain we will end up exactly where we should and be a great blessing to each other, our families and which ever community we call home.

No comments: