Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tell Me Baby... Can You Stand The Rain????

I'm clearly going to be the emotional irrational one in this relationship. I'm pretty sure he can handle it ;) *wink*

Sooooooo, I've had a high stress load lately. And I guess it all peaked on the same day and at the wrong moment. :( The man go the brunt of it. ( sorry baby!) I guess we all have those times when something that's said or done strikes you profoundly wrong... and it causes you to go off. Any other day it wouldn't have been a "thing" but for some reason on this day at this moment, the world stops and caused you to think... "what a minute! Something ain't right!" And the battle begins.

The fight starts inside of you and before you know it, it's exploded. Your mind has sounded the trump to "CHARGE" and you do, catching the other guy totally off guard and wondering.. "what in the crap is going on." The natural thing to do when someone comes at you is to defend yourself especially when caught of guard. And thus, the battle begins. When emotions run high and passion is a companion things can get a little out of hand quickly.
For me the whole day and into the next was spinning and continued to spin out of control. For him, it was just a thing and over and done with in a matter of minutes. For me I was still processing what happened and how to make sure it won't happen again. For him, he was on to the next day, new day new beginning.

So what do ya do? *sigh*


WELL....???

I got nothing. No miracle answer. The answer is: whatever works. Still not sure what that is but I AM sure I want us both to be able to express our opinions and feelings in comfort and safety.
I'm fairly confident that'll happen. I'll be the one who needs to work on it most. I haven't had to compromise really with anyone the last 20 years. I've been mom. Just me. And my household wasn't such that what I say goes, however in 20 years you've learn how to communicate with each other. This couple thing is a whole nother story for me. ( And yes, NOTHER in a word, cuz I said so :-P ) I like the couple thing. It freaks me out and scares me to death. But I found a guy I really really really like who is worth me doing what it takes to figure things out. And he's still around in spite of myself.

So I've always said I can't be with someone I've never fought with. I don't know if that was a fight. But I'm glad it happened. Cuz for me, it was all about the knowledge I learned in our communicating.
I learned a couple things about myself I'd like to change because I think it will make things better. But don't tell the man... *wink*

1 comment:

a.don.is™ said...

Confidentially, she dosen't hafta change a THING for me. She is my everything just as she is ;)...but keep it on the downlow *wink*