Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Wedding Day!

Today actually in 1 hour I was the day I was supposed to put on the pretty dress, change my last name, eat some cake and honeymoon.
Instead, I'm back in Utah and he's still in Michigan. I only been home a week really. Ok well if you count running off to college for 2 days I've only been back 4 days after having been away almost a month.
Bottom line, I miss the man. I miss taking him lunch, making him dinner. I miss him looking through his new glasses and then over them and marveling at the difference of how blind he really was... and then reading everything with such excitment and saying.. "I CAN SEE THAT!" like a little kid. :) I can't listen to Rhianna's "disturbia" song on the radio without laughing and singing "Scurvy Love" at the top of my lungs or finding a song where I can add cheese or some other "Adonism" to it.

For the most part it was a great trip. Going to the international Jazz fest in Detroit was a good time. There were vendors of every kind selling body butters, oils, ornaments, hats, artwork, crafts and food. I was impressed with the many different band stands all around the city with different works of Jazz music going on.
There were some characters as well, dressed up in colorful extreme costumes. At one point it looked like this bird lady was putting the moves on my man and trying to do some birdish mating dance ritual. Toward the end of the afternoon we ended up on a boat tour headed to canada, it was awesome. (Thank you, honey, for taking us.)
We spent the weekend with his Mother, brother and nephew and I enjoyed it all.

I think my favorite day is probably going to sound odd to all of you.
Where 'Donis has a tough job some days and easy job some days. When it's easy it's posh. When it's tough, I wouldn't want to do it for nothing in the world.

Anyway he had to prepare the rental property for a suprise inspection and had only about 24 hours to do it. He also had to clean out 2 abandoned apartments the day before as well. And when I say abandoned I mean furnature, clothes, food and what not, sometime electrity off and everything. So it could be quite messy and stank when this happens. His complex has 3 buildings and each building has 4 levels (I think.). There was grass to be moved, grounds to be picked up all the steps and halls in each building to be cleaned and vacuumed. Less than 24 hours to get it done.
Oh, did I mention it was 500 degrees outside? Ok maybe 85-90+ with humidity it equals 500 degrees.
I felt like a princess in the tower when he came home to change his clothes. I asked if there was anything I could do and he didn't think so nor did he expect me too. As he left i finished my breakfast. Afterwards I changed my clothes went up to the office and asked him for the vacuum.

If you know me, or anyone in my family... there's no way in the world I was about to sit around for 8 hours when I could be of some help. I asked where I could pitch in. I won't go into the details of what I ended up doing. But at the end of the day both he and I were wringing wet with sweat, filthy and stinky from head to toe and dead tired.

I loved it. I loved every minute of working WITH him that day. We weren't particularly side by side physically but I felt like we became a team that day. Instead of one of us being or needed to be the boss or in charge of the other I felt more able to be a partner with him, and that's very important to me. To be able to work side by side and know I can be of some value to him other than making meals, keeping things tidy and trying to look cute and that what I have to offer is just as important and what he has to offer, there was no greater feeling.

After working so hard I retired to the shower, told him I was taking him out to dinner. My man had worked too hard that day to have just the simply meal I had planned for dinner earlier.
We were tired and sore and tired... Did I say tired? But that day I will always cherish because that's the day I got a glimps of what we can do when we work together.
Yeah I know, sounds silly, I don't care though. There were other times I enjoyed as well and there were days I weren't to crazy about too. He loves to read and he loves his computer. I want him to be able to enjoy those things, they are a huge part of who he is. I also want him to enjoy me AS MUCH and MORE than those other things or to enjoy me BEFORE those other things.
All things in moderation.
So Adjustments, Adjustments, Adjustments! I believe if we both look at what we can do better within ourselves and take to heart the concerns of the other, things will be fine. I'm looking forward to seeing what else we can accomplish together.

Happy should have been wedding day babe.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Stopping by to wish you a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna